Body Sculpting in Atlanta, GA
If you want to reduce the appearance of love handles and body bulges, a body sculpting procedure at Mang Plastic Surgery may provide the solution you’ve been waiting for. Located in Duluth, GA, and led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brandon Mang, Mang Plastic Surgery is a state-of-the-art facility serving residents of Atlanta, Alpharetta, and neighboring areas. To schedule a consultation for body sculpting, please contact our office today!
What is Body Sculpting?
Body sculpting, sometimes referred to as body contouring, describes a number of specialized cosmetic procedures that create a smoother body contour by eliminating fatty deposits, bumps, and bulges, and creating tighter, firmer skin and muscle definition. Body sculpting may be used on practically any part of the body, and several procedures may be combined to achieve a more complete total body improvement.
Body Contouring Procedures
Mang Plastic Surgery provides a variety of body sculpting procedures for our patients in the Atlanta area. You may choose to combine several procedures in a single treatment session.
- Liposuction: One of the most common cosmetic procedures performed today, liposuction may be performed on different parts of the body to eliminate fatty deposits by means of a vacuum suction process that extracts excess body fat.
- Tummy Tuck: Tummy tuck surgery is designed to tighten and firm the skin and muscles in the abdomen, reduce excess fat, and redefine the waistline.
- Brazilian Butt Lift: The Brazilian butt lift is a popular procedure that lifts, tightens, and reshapes the buttocks while enhancing volume and firmness in the derriere.
- Labiaplasty: Labiaplasty is a safe and simple cosmetic procedure that trims away excess skin from the labia minora.
- Mommy Makeover: The mommy makeover is actually a personalized combination of several body sculpting treatments that restore a woman’s figure after pregnancy and lactation, tightening the skin and muscle in the breasts and abdominal region, and adding breast enhancement if desired.
- Vaginoplasty: Vaginoplasty is a common surgical procedure designed to tighten vaginal muscles and skin tissue that have become slack or loose as a result of childbirth or the aging process.
- Body Fat Transfer: Body fat transfer is a multi-faceted procedure that extracts excess fat from problem areas such as the abdomen, hips, and thighs, and transfers it to areas where volume and fullness are desired, such as the breasts or buttocks.
- Brachioplasty (Arm Lift): Arm lift surgery tightens the muscle and skin in the upper arms, eliminating “wings” and sagging flesh, to produce a trimmer, more youthful appearance.
- Thigh Lift: Thigh lift surgery tightens the muscle and skin in the thighs to produce a more toned and trim appearance, and may also be used to produce a “thigh gap” when desired.
- Body Lift: A body lift is a surgical procedure that tightens the skin and muscles in the abdomen, midsection, and torso, producing a younger, firmer body contour.
Who Can Benefit From Body Contouring?
Body sculpting procedures are generally most suited for healthy adults who are not too far above their ideal weight and who maintain active lifestyles and healthy diets. The procedure is beneficial for people who struggle with stubborn fatty deposits lodged in specific problem areas, such as the tummy, hips, thighs, upper arms, back, waistline, and pubic area. Body contouring improves muscle and skin tone, streamlining your shape and eliminating excess fat and skin. The procedure can also remove love handles, bra bumps, and bulges in the hips and thighs, producing a firmer, more toned and sleek body contour. Most patients report that after body sculpting treatments, they also experience improved confidence and self-esteem.
Does Body Sculpting Eliminate Excess weight?
While many body contouring procedures may reduce excess fat and inches from the body, they are NOT considered weight loss treatments, and most body sculpting treatments, such as liposuction, is not suitable for patients who are more than 30 pounds overweight. We encourage our patients to postpone body sculpting until they are within 25 pounds of their ideal target weight to obtain optimal results.
What Can I Expect After Body Sculpting treatments?
Work: Patients will need to plan ahead to take up to two weeks away from work and other daily commitments. If your job involves heavy lifting or lots of strenuous activity, you may be advised to take additional time off.
Swelling and Bruising: The swelling and bruising associated with a body sculpting procedure will typically subside gradually over the following weeks. Dr. Mang recommends all patients use arnica before and after the procedure to assist in reducing inflammation.
Discomfort: You may experience mild to moderate discomfort following surgery that can be alleviated with medication prescribed by Dr. Mang. You may be required to wear a special compression garment for several weeks.
Results: Dr. Mang prides himself in dedicating the time and energy necessary to provide cosmetic surgery procedures that are unique and specialized to meet each patient’s particular needs. Body sculpting is a personalized surgery, meaning no set surgical plan exists for each patient. We offer patients unedited before and after pictures of actual patients to help them better understand the prospective results of body sculpting procedure before making a decision.
If you’re ready to try body sculpting to eliminate unsightly bulges and bumps and/or tighten your body contour, contact Mang Plastic Surgery, a state-of-the-art cosmetic surgery center led by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brandon Mang, serving residents of Atlanta, Alpharetta, and neighboring communities in Georgia.