Brachioplasty (Arm Lift) in Tampa, FL
Say goodbye to under arm flab. Excess skin and fat under the arm can be hard if not impossible to get rid of. As part of some people’s body contouring journey, an arm lift or brachioplasty, is on the list of areas treat. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Mang can help his patients achieve their aesthetic goals with an arm lift procedure.
Often times as a person ages or with weight fluctuations, the upper arms may become loose and flabby resulting in a saggy appearance. For many, this can cause embarrassment when wearing certain clothes. The arm lift, or otherwise known as brachioplasty, is a cosmetic surgical procedure that aims to re-contour the upper arms for a firmer, more streamlined appearance. Whether it is performed with or without liposuction, an arm lift will result in a significantly more defined and toned upper arm.
The site of the incision for an arm lift is placed as inconspicuously as possible. While the site is located on the inner arm toward the back, typically running from the armpit to near the elbow, patients should expect at least some visible scarring to result. Through this incision, excess skin and fat are then removed.
What is the Cost of Arm Lift Surgery?
Dr. Mang is conscious of his patients’ budgets and keeps his prices competitive. Plastic surgery procedures can range depending on the needs and goals of each patient, therefore, it is important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mang to discuss pricing. At Mang Plastic Surgery, we believe that a cosmetic procedure is an investment in your self-confidence, which will be beneficial for years to come. Sometimes that may be costly, and that is why we offer financing through CareCredit®.
How Do I Prepare For And Arm Lift Surgery?
Prior to your arm lift surgery you will have a consultation with Dr. Mang to decide if you are a desirable candidate for this procedure. During your initial consultation, Dr. Mang and his staff will discuss the procedure and how you should best prepare and what to expect on the day of your surgery. Make sure you wear loose, comfortable clothing when you arrive on your surgery day. You should plan to take at least one week off from work to recover. However, Dr. Mang can best determine this based on your personal situation.
Review With Dr. Mang
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol. This is not long term, but alcohol use should be discontinued for at least two weeks before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Pain medication. Dr. Mang may prescribe you pain medication to alleviate any discomfort. It is important to fill these prior to surgery and bring them to the procedure.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after surgery. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin you blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Getting home. After surgery driving is prohibited. Arrange for transportation home.
What To Expect After Surgery?
Work: Recovery takes time and it’s important that you’re patient with the process. Most people can return to work in seven to 10 days after an arm lift procedure. However, if you participate in sports or are physically active, you will have to wait at least three weeks, if not longer, to resume these activities.
Discomfort: After the surgery some moderate discomfort can be expected. Pain medication prescribed by your surgeon can help minimize the discomfort. However, if discomfort persists, contact your surgeon immediately.
Recovery: The recovery after an arm lift procedure takes about 10 days. Bruising and mild swelling may also occur but usually diminishes within one to two weeks. Dr. Mang recommends that patients use the herb arnica to prevent or minimize possible bruising and swelling.
Results: Each patient heals and scars differently. It is vital to keep in mind that the results of this procedure vary from patient to patient. However, most patients will enjoy their final results within six to 12 months.
Call today to schedule an arm lift surgery consultation and start feeling confident again. Dr. Mang serves patients in Tampa and St. Petersburg and will create a plan tailored to your needs. He is a respected and experienced surgeon who understands each patient’s individual needs. Contact Us Today!