Brow Lift (Forehead Lift) in Tampa, FL
People often show the first signs of aging in the brow and forehead area. A brow lift can smooth out the wrinkles, and correct drooping brows and heavy lids to provide a refreshed, younger appearance. Dr. Mang is a board-certified plastic surgeon and he is greatly admired by his many patients for his compassionate care and outstanding natural-looking results. Mang Plastic Surgery is one of the most successful cosmetic rejuvenation centers in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida, for brow lift surgery and other facial rejuvenation procedures.
In the past, it was common to wait until after 50 to have facial cosmetic surgery, but today nearly one third of those seeking facial rejuvenation surgery are between 35 and 50 years old. Improved modern surgical techniques can give patients beautiful natural-looking results that in turn delay the aging process. Brow lifts are often performed alone, however, some patient may desire to have the procedure done in tandem with other facial rejuvenation procedures, such as a facelift and blepharoplasty.
What Happens During A Brow Lift Procedure?
The brow lift procedure aims to carefully weaken the muscles that cause frowning to create a youthful relaxed appearance. During your initial consultation, Dr. Mang will discuss brow lift surgical techniques, anesthesia, recovery and your expected results. He performs most brow lift procedure in one to two hours. Most often the technique that Dr. Mang uses is endoscopic surgery, in which he inserts a tiny camera through very small incisions in the scalp to facilitate the procedure.
How Do I Prepare For Brow Lift Surgery?
Prior to your surgery, you will have a consultation with Dr. Mang, at which time he and his staff will discuss the procedure and how you should best prepare. Dr. Mang and his team are dedicated to taking the time you need to put you at ease. He will review in detail what to expect on the day of your procedure. Make sure you wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery. You should plan to take at least one week off from work to recover. However, Dr. Mang can determine this based on your personal situation.
What is the Cost of a Brow Lift?
Dr. Mang is conscious of his patients’ budgets and keeps his prices competitive. Plastic surgery procedures can range depending on the needs and goals of each patient, therefore, it is important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mang to discuss pricing. At Mang Plastic Surgery, we believe that a cosmetic procedure is an investment in your self-confidence, which will be beneficial for years to come. Sometimes that may be costly, and that is why we offer financing through CareCredit®.
Review With Dr. Mang
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol. This is not long term, but alcohol use should be discontinued for at least two weeks before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Pain medication. Dr. Mang may prescribe you pain medication to alleviate any discomfort. It is important to fill these prior to surgery and bring them to the procedure.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after surgery. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin you blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Getting home. After surgery driving is prohibited. Arrange for transportation home.
What To Expect After Surgery?
Work: It is vital to remember that recovery takes time and it’s important that you’re patient with the process. Most people can return to work in three to five days. If you participate in sports or are physically active, you may have to wait at least three weeks, if not longer, to resume these activities.
Discomfort: After the surgery some moderate discomfort can be expected. Pain medication prescribed by your surgeon can help minimize the discomfort. However, if discomfort persists, contact your surgeon immediately.
Recovery: The recovery after a brow lift procedure takes about one week. Bruising and mild swelling may also occur but usually diminishes within one to two weeks.
Results: Each patient heals and scars differently. It is vital to keep in mind that the results of this procedure vary from patient to patient. However, most patients will enjoy their final results within six to 12months.
Men and women who are seeking a brow lift in the Tampa or St. Petersburg areas should contact Dr. Brandon Mang today. Do not trust your face to just any surgeon. Dr. Mang is a board-certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years of experience.