Facelift (Rhytidectomy) in Tampa, FL
Dr. Mang and his expert team are dedicated to enhancing your overall appearance, and ultimately helping you to feel and look your very best. Mang Plastic Surgery is one of the most successful cosmetic rejuvenation centers in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida, for facelift surgery and facial rejuvenation procedures. Our surgical suite is fully accredited by the Accreditation Association for Ambulatory Health Care, INC. Dr. Mang is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is greatly admired by his many patients for his compassionate care and outstanding natural-looking results.
Dr. Mang offers facelift surgery, also called a rhytidectomy, to rejuvenate the face and neck and slow the signs of aging. Dr. Mang’s facelift surgery targets the sagging skin on the face, as well as excess skin and fat of the neck with significant slimming, tightening, and smoothing results. In some cases the facelift is performed in tandem with a neck lift.
What Happens During a Facelift?
A facelift is a surgical procedure that restores a youthful look to the areas of the face, such as the cheeks, jawline, eyes, and neck. Facelift surgery consists of complex procedures that require extensive knowledge in facial anatomy. Dr. Mang is a skilled surgeon who stays abreast of cutting-edge techniques and has a highly-developed eye for aesthetic detail.
Most patients considering a facelift are concerned about one or more of the following conditions:
- Sagging jowls around the sides of the face, chin or neck
- Nasolabial folds, which are deep creases that run from the corners of the mouth to the nose
- Cheeks that have lost volume, appearing sunken and flat
What Is A Mini Facelift?
A mini facelift, also referred to as a quick lift or a weekend facelift, is one of the more common facial surgeries. A mini facelift has an especially rejuvenating effect on the cheeks and the jawline or jowls. The mini facelift addresses only part of the face, therefore, recovery is less painful and much quicker than a traditional facelift. Other benefits to a mini lift are: less swelling, less scarring, less anesthesia and less time in surgery. Dr. Mang can perform a mini facelift under only local anesthetic or intravenous sedation at his fully accredited surgical center. Patients are also able to return home the same evening after comfortably awaking from the sedation. Since the recovery time is short, Dr. Mang allows his patients to resume daily activities just one week after surgery
How Do I Prepare For a Facelift?
Your initial consultation is extremely important. You should be able to speak freely with Dr. Mang about your goals and desired outcome. Remember to discuss options, such as whether to focus on one specific part of the face or whether to include upper and lower facial features. Patients should be prepared to provide their medical history and a list of current medications at their consultation. Also, be sure to mention if you have any blood pressure issues, allergies, blood clotting problems, problems with scarring, or if you smoke.
What is the Cost of a Facelift?
Dr. Mang is conscious of his patients’ budgets and keeps his prices competitive. Plastic surgery procedures can range depending on the needs and goals of each patient, therefore, it is important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mang to discuss pricing. At Mang Plastic Surgery, we believe that a cosmetic procedure is an investment in your self-confidence, which will be beneficial for years to come. Sometimes that may be costly, and that is why we offer financing through CareCredit®.
Review With Dr. Mang
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol. This is not long term, but alcohol use should be discontinued for at least two weeks before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Pain medication. Dr. Mang may prescribe you pain medication to alleviate any discomfort. It is important to fill these prior to surgery and bring them to the procedure.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after surgery. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin you blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Getting home. After surgery driving is prohibited. Arrange for transportation home.
What To Expect After Surgery?
Work: Recovery takes time and it’s important that you’re patient with the process. Dr. Mang will review with you when you should return to work and normal activity. If you participate in sports or are physically active, you will have to wait at least three weeks, if not longer, to resume these activities.
Discomfort: After the surgery some moderate discomfort can be expected. Pain medication prescribed by your surgeon can help minimize the discomfort. However, if discomfort persists, contact your surgeon immediately.
Recovery: The recovery after a facelift procedure takes about three to four weeks. Bruising and mild swelling may also occur but usually diminishes within one to two weeks. Dr. Mang advises his patients to use the herb arnica before and after surgery to help prevent and minimize swelling and bruising.
Results: Each patient heals and scars differently. It is vital to keep in mind that the results of this procedure vary from patient to patient. However, most patients will enjoy their final result within six to 12 months.
Brandon-Dzung Mang, M.D., can help create a naturally youthful and rejuvenated appearance through facelift surgery. He serves patients in the Tampa and St. Petersburg areas, helping them feel more confident and satisfied with their appearance. Contact us today.