Facial Fat Transfer in Tampa, FL
Mang Plastic Surgery is one of the most successful cosmetic rejuvenation centers in Florida for facial fat transfer surgery and facial surgery procedures. Dr. Mang is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is greatly admired by his many patients for his compassionate care and outstanding natural-looking results. He is regarded by many to be one of the top choices in facial fat transfer in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida.
If you are experiencing sunken or creased areas in your face, fat transfer to the face may be right for you. Fat transfer procedures use the patient’s own fat cells harvested from other areas of the body. Results are permanent, so patients do not have to schedule constant follow-up visits like you do with injectable fillers.
What Happens During a Facial Fat Transfer Procedure?
Fat transfer to the face can help correct laugh lines, crow’s feet, and smile lines. During this procedure, your own fat will be harvested from the abdomen or thighs through liposuction. The fat is then purified, and injected into the face. Facial fat transfer can also be used to fill in sunken areas of the face, such as acne scars, as well as plump the lips.
What is the Cost of a Facial Fat Transfer Procedure?
Dr. Mang is conscious of his patients’ budgets and keeps his prices competitive. Plastic surgery procedures can range depending on the needs and goals of each patient, therefore, it is important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mang to discuss pricing. At Mang Plastic Surgery, we believe that a cosmetic procedure is an investment in your self-confidence, which will be beneficial for years to come. Sometimes that may be costly, and that is why we offer financing through CareCredit®.
Review With Dr. Mang
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol. This is not long term, but alcohol use should be discontinued for at least two weeks before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Pain medication. Dr. Mang may prescribe you pain medication to alleviate any discomfort. It is important to fill these prior to surgery and bring them to the procedure.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after surgery. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin you blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Getting home. After surgery driving is prohibited. Arrange for transportation home.
How Do I Prepare For Fat Transfer Procedure Of The Face?
Before undergoing a facial fat transfer procedure, a consultation with Dr. Mang is required to help determine if you are a good candidate. Your consultation is a great opportunity to voice any questions or concerns you may have. Dr. Mang and his staff will also discuss the procedure with you, as well as go over how best to prepare and what to expect the day of surgery. Patients should wear comfortable, loose-fitting clothes on surgery day, and be ready to take a few days off to recover.
Fat Transfer To The Face Recovery Time
Following your surgery, patients may experience mild side effects, such as bruising, swelling, and redness, though these should diminish within a week or two. You should expect to return to work a day or two after your procedure. Although results vary from patient to patient, most should be able to enjoy their final results within six to 12 months.
If you are located in the Tampa and St. Petersburg areas and are interested in facial fat transfer, contact us today to schedule a consultation. We would be happy to answer any questions you may have.