Gynecomastia Surgery in Tampa, FL
Do not be ashamed to speak with Dr. Brandon Mang about male breast reduction surgery. Dr. Mang is board certified under the American Board of Plastic Surgery, and he is greatly admired by his many patients for his compassionate care. Dr. Mang understands the distress that this condition can cause and performs discreet and safe gynecomastia surgery for individuals in Tampa and St. Petersburg areas.
Though rarely discussed, men with excess or abnormal breast tissue (gynecomastia) is an extremely common condition. One out of three American men suffer from some degree of enlarged breasts. This condition can be the source of embarrassment when wearing certain clothing and a loss of self-esteem. Fortunately, for most men, the best solution to reduce and reshape their breast is through surgery. The effects of this procedure result in a more toned masculine looking chest.
What Happens During This Procedure?
While it is normal for men to have some breast tissue, gynecomastia is an excess of breast tissue. Male breast reduction is the surgical procedure that aims to reduce the excess tissue to a normal amount. Depending on the patient’s condition, Dr. Mang may decide to combine liposuction with breast tissue removal. Although, often times, removal of the tissue alone is recommended. Due to extreme weight loss, there are sometimes cases where skin removal may be necessary as well.
What is the Cost of Gynecomastia Surgery?
Dr. Mang is conscious of his patients’ budgets and keeps his prices competitive. Plastic surgery procedures can range depending on the needs and goals of each patient, therefore, it is important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mang to discuss pricing. At Mang Plastic Surgery, we believe that a cosmetic procedure is an investment in your self-confidence, which will be beneficial for years to come. Sometimes that may be costly, and that is why we offer financing through CareCredit®.
How Do I Prepare For Surgery?
During your initial consultation, Dr. Mang takes time to explain the options regarding you procedure, what to expect, your desired results and how to best to prepare for the surgery. Make sure you wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery. You should plan to take at least one week off from work to recover. However, Dr. Mang can best determine this based on your personal situation.
Review With Dr. Mang
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol. This is not long term, but alcohol use should be discontinued for at least two weeks before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Pain medication. Dr. Mang may prescribe you pain medication to alleviate any discomfort. It is important to fill these prior to surgery and bring them to the procedure.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after surgery. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin you blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Getting home. After surgery driving is prohibited. Arrange for transportation home.
What To Expect After Surgery?
Work: Recovery takes time and it’s important that you’re patient with the process. Most people can return to work in seven to 10 days. If you participate in sports or are physically active, you will have to wait at least three weeks, if not longer, to resume these activities.
Discomfort: After the surgery, some moderate discomfort can be expected. Pain medication prescribed by your surgeon can help minimize the discomfort. However, if discomfort persists, contact your surgeon immediately.
Recovery: The recovery after a male breast reduction surgery takes about one to two weeks. Bruising and mild swelling may also occur but usually diminishes within one to two weeks.
Results: Each patient heals and scars differently. It is vital to keep in mind that the results of this procedure vary from patient to patient. However, most patients will enjoy their final results within two to six months.
Gynecomastia is not something that you can get rid of through diet and exercise, therefore, you should not allow it to negatively affect your life. Call today for male breast reduction surgery and start feeling confident again. Dr. Mang serves patients in Tampa and St. Petersburg and will create a plan tailored to your needs. Contact Us Today!