Microdermabrasion in Tampa, FL
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical treatment that helps to thicken collagen by using a minimally abrasive instrument to gently sand your skin. At Mang Plastic Surgery we will help take years off of a patient’s face with this treatment. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Mang customizes treatment plans for patients of all skin types. He is careful to understand each patient and tailor a plan specifically for them. Patients in Tampa and St. Petersburg, FL, can enjoy youth-enhancing treatments at our state-of-the-art facility.
What is Microdermabrasion?
Microdermabrasion is a method of rejuvenating the skin by sanding and removing the dull and uneven outer layer of the skin. This process will also create thicker, fuller collagen in the face providing for a rejuvenated appearance.
About Diamondtome™ Microdermabrasion
This deep exfoliating treatment gives you dramatic and immediate improvement to your skin’s health and appearance. Diamondtome™ microdermabrasion is a unique resurfacing method designed to remove dead and flaking skin cells while promoting collagen growth. Acne scars, dark spots, and wrinkles are visibly reduced. Skin texture is softer, smoother and younger looking. Recommended in a series of treatments for optimal results.
Benefits of Microdermabrasion
- Gentle and non-invasive
- Younger looking skin, smoother feel
- Treats a dull complexion
- Evens skin tone and texture,
- Removes/reduces age spots, acne scars, sun damage
- Smooths wrinkles
What is the Cost of Microdermabrasion?
- Single treatment $100
- Series of three treatments $240
- Series of six treatments $480
- Shoulder, upper shoulder blades, and upper back $150
- Shoulder and upper back $100
- Decolletage $70
- Arms $250
- Hands $55
- Arms and hands $275
Review With Dr. Mang
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before treatment.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after treatments. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin you blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Inform Dr. Mang is you have taken tretinoin for acne in the past six months
How To Prepare For Microdermabrasion
It is important to make sure that facial treatments are avoided a week before the microdermabrasion treatement. These include:
- Laser treatments
- Injections of collagen or BOTOX®
- Chemical peels
In preparing for this appointment, it is also important to limit sun exposure. Prepare your face by cleaning it thoroughly before the appointment. Try to avoid the use of soap which dries out the skin.
Microdermabrasion treatments are performed at Mang Plastic Surgery by board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Brandon Mang and his highly trained aestheticians. These non-surgical treatments are a great way to look refreshed and youthful with little to no downtime. Dr. Mang serves patients in Tampa and St. Petersburg. Contact us to schedule a consultation today.