Neck Lift in Tampa, FL and Atlanta, GA
Men and women who feel as though their neck is showing signs of aging should contact board-certified plastic surgeon, Dr. Brandon Mang. The neck can actually be one of the first parts of the body to show signs of agining. Dr. Mang is pleased to offer neck lift surgery to help the patients in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida, as well as Atlanta, Alpharetta, and the neighboring communities in Georgia look young and refreshed.
Dr. Mang offers neck lift surgery, also called submentoplasty or platysmaplasty, to eliminate sagging neck skin and to give patients a well-defined neckline. Dr. Mang’s neck lift surgery targets the excess skin and fat of the neck with significant slimming, tightening, and smoothing results. In some cases, the neck lift is performed in tandem with a facelift but oftentimes this procedure is performed alone.
What Happens During The Neck Lift Procedure?
With age the platysmal muscles (bands in the neck) separate. A neck lift aims to smooth and firm, restoring the neck back to a more youthful appearance. During your neck lift surgery Dr. Mang removes skin behind the hairline. The submental approach uses an incision under the chin where the platysmal muscle bands are reconnected to produce a smoother neck appearance.
How Do I Prepare For Neck Lift Surgery?
Prior to your surgery you will have a consultation with Dr. Mang, at which time he and his staff will discuss the procedure and how you should best prepare. Dr. Mang and his team are dedicated to taking a sufficient amount of time to review in detail what to expect on the day of your procedure. Make sure you wear loose, comfortable clothing on the day of surgery. You should plan to take at least one week off from work to recover. However, Dr. Mang can determine this based on your personal situation.
What is the Cost of a Neck Lift?
Dr. Mang is conscious of his patients’ budgets and keeps his prices competitive. Plastic surgery procedures can range depending on the needs and goals of each patient, therefore, it is important to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mang to discuss pricing. At Mang Plastic Surgery, we believe that a cosmetic procedure is an investment in your self-confidence, which will be beneficial for years to come. Sometimes that may be costly, and that is why we offer financing through CareCredit®.
Review With Dr. Mang
- Stop smoking. It is important to discontinue the use of cigarettes and other nicotine products as they constrict blood vessels and slow the healing and recovery process.
- Avoid alcohol. This is not long term, but alcohol use should be discontinued for at least two weeks before surgery and two weeks after surgery.
- Vitamins and other OTC drugs. Discontinue the use of these for at least two weeks before surgery.
- Pain medication. Dr. Mang may prescribe you pain medication to alleviate any discomfort. It is important to fill these prior to surgery and bring them to the procedure.
- Drink water. Water is a very helpful tool both before and after surgery. It is important to drink plenty of water before surgery and after. Water helps flush out toxins.
- Aspirin and Ibuprofen. Discontinue the use of both of these for at least two weeks before and after surgery. These products thin your blood and can interfere with your body’s ability to heal.
- Getting home. After surgery driving is prohibited. Arrange for transportation home.
What To Expect After Surgery?
Work: Recovery takes time and it’s important that you’re patient with the process. Most people can return to work in three to five days. If you participate in sports or are physically active, you will have to wait at least three weeks, if not longer, to resume these activities.
Discomfort: After the surgery some moderate discomfort can be expected. Pain medication prescribed by your surgeon can help minimize the discomfort. However, if discomfort persists, contact your surgeon immediately.
Recovery: The recovery after a neck lift procedure takes about one to two weeks. Bruising and mild swelling may also occur but usually diminishes within one to two weeks. Dr. Mang advises his patients to use the herb arnica to help prevent and minimize swelling and bruising.
Results: Each patient heals and scars differently. It is vital to keep in mind that the results of this procedure vary from patient to patient. However, most patients will enjoy their final result within six to 12 months.
The neck can show a person’s age even before the face does. If you are a man or a woman who wants a more youthful-looking neckline, call Dr. Mang today. Dr. Brandon Mang is a board-certified plastic surgeon who performs neck lift surgery in Tampa and St. Petersburg, Florida, as well as Atlanta, Alpharetta, and the neighboring communities in Georgia. Contact us today to schedule your consultation.